Recycling Medals

losttheplot

We have lots of medals gathering dust from road races and kids sports. Any know if there's anywhere that wants them. Some are specific for events and years (community games and marathons).
Really a waste of material. There was a wooden one which is now used as a coaster.

I am assuming they are not hall marked so are not silver or gold and probably only plated. If they were hall marked then you would be able to sell them.

I've seen specific medals on ebay from time to time, if they can be linked to a certain event then they can sell. otherwise, chuck them in recycling

I am assuming they are not hall marked so are not silver or gold and probably only plated. If they were hall marked then you would be able to sell them.

I've seen specific medals on ebay from time to time, if they can be linked to a certain event then they can sell. otherwise, chuck them in recycling
Can plated medals be recycled from green bin?

Not silver or gold unfortunately. I might start an award for best AAM posts and send medals to the users.

Adults shouldn't receive medals for participation. I've so many despite never having been near the front of a race in my life. Waste of materials is right. In future I will refuse medals.

Make a 'Sporting Memories' display with the medals for the kids and give it to them for Christmas. Gift them the joy of some special memories (and solve a small disposal problem)!
It's a nice idea but I've become ruthless for decluttering. They have put aside the ones they wanted to keep.

Back