recruitment website that has live jobs

kkelliher

does anyone know of a website that actually has live jobs on it.

the majority of jobs on any of the websites i have looked at dont exist when you ring about them. it is very annoying and adding to an already desperate situation.

I am in the construction sector

well google should be able to help you more, but I thnik the secret is just to apply at very many jobs, because the jobs on these webpages get taken very fast.

I know how you feel. Alot of the jobs posted by agencies don't exist - they are just CV hunting. I have even seen a spec created from my CV on a jobs website a few days after I applied for a different job.

I tend to search by company only and concentrate on these jobs but still send in a cv to the agencies just in case.

Agree with tara83 - check Irishjobs.ie & search by employer only or recruitireland.com & again employer only. It tends to root out a lot of the crap posted by agencies.

Edited to say I wouldn't bother with agencies at all - I met with loads of them and they just wasted my time.

Agree with Tara and Nutso. I am v. qualified and was in a job I hated but stuck because nothing out there. Found agencies rubbish and was lucky because my new employer advertised (in Times)

Also if you go to any agency, be careful telling them if you have been to any other interviews (they will ring up and try to poach the job)

This is your best bet for a genuine job prospect

http://jobbank.fas.ie/servlet/Watis?SESS=28320_1&SERVICE=CRITERIUMTREE&TEMPLATE=WWW_JS_VAC_CRITERIUM_VALUE.HTM&CRITERIUM=F5&TYPE=LTREE&BACK=TEMPLATE%3DWWW_JS_VAC.HTM (http://jobbank.fas.ie/servlet/Watis?SESS=28320_1&SERVICE=CRITERIUMTREE&TEMPLATE=WWW_JS_VAC_CRITERIUM_VALUE.HTM&CRITERIUM=F5&TYPE=LTREE&BACK=TEMPLATE%3DWWW_JS_VAC.HTM)

Its hard to trust anything online nowadays, I find local newspapers/media to be more genuine for jobs atm

its crap because the posts are automatically updated everyday and you have no way of filtering out new ones

Some of the jobs sites won’t let the recruitment agency take positions back down for a period of time once they have been filled. It makes their site look busy with a large number of vacancies. It is very frustrating as a recruiter when people call in and the job is gone, they think you are fishing for CV when it is not the case.

Positions especially within construction are filled very quickly.

Regards,

Dinny

You can't tar all recruiters with the rubbish brush, you need to find a good one and there are a number out there.

They won't work for the majors necessarily and they may be older ex industry people who know about their professions and industries that they recruit in.

As for construction it is dire and I have not seen it this bad in the last 25+ years.

I know a few good rec cons in the UK but they are few and far between. It is also illeagal to advertise for a position that does not exist and in the current market what is happening is employers may have a need or they may just be fishing and get the agencies to do all the running about for them and keep stringing them along.

I know a consultant who last year would have 3 or 4 cv's sent and 3 or 4 interviews arranged from them for a role in construction and would get a placement from it. This year for the same company she is arranging 10 to 20 interviews for the same ype of role and is now having to talk them through 50 or 60 CV's.

I'd definitely recommend the FAS website. Where I work we're really busy and recruiting but have to do so at the lowest cost and as the FAS website is free that's what I'm using currently to recruit. It's a busy site as well judging by the amount of CV's we're receiving.

Back