Recording TV - PVR Issue

BobbyFowler

I bought a "cheap as chips" HD Set top box & PVR. Only problem is that I've just found that it's a Single Channel PVR. So if I record a particular show while I'm watching TV, I'm stuck watching that show & one other. I can't select the other channel I'm watching as it's based on frequencies. I've just got a new lcd with all the ports at the back. Apart from buying a twin tuner pvr does anyone have any suggestions around watching live tv so I've access to other channels while recording? Is there anything I can get for the tv or should I get one of those TV cards that I can plug into a laptop and watch tv through that? I've never seen them working so not sure what's the best bet. Any tips, I'm all ears.

Who is your service provider and how does the signal get to your house ? Satellite / Cable

I've moved over to Oz. It's Cable TV. Unlike Ireland you don't get tied to a particular Service Provider.

Ok, worked it out. Cable connection to the PVR and then an additional cable to the TV. So I just use the PVR for recording stuff & watch the TV as normal.

Back