Recommendations for tasty and good value coeliac foods.

Sue Ellen, I trust that you have found

[broken link removed]

I 'cook from scratch' which is sometimes tasty - & sometimes not :) - and usually good value.

thanks Olddog, just found a pizza base recipe that sounds great thanks to your link

I sometimes bake to order for people, and recently was asked to make a GF cake and some cupcakes. I used the Doves Farm Self-Raising flour from Tesco which was just €1.99 for 1KG and they loved the result!

I sometimes bake to order for people, and recently was asked to make a GF cake and some cupcakes. I used the Doves Farm Self-Raising flour from Tesco which was just €1.99 for 1KG and they loved the result!

My husband was recently diagnosed with coeliac disease and I tried to make queen cakes for him using half cornflour and half Odlums Tritamyl flour (in the purple/pinkish bag). Disaster! They all sank in the middle. Someone advised me to use Xanthan Gum to replace the gluten. I would love to hear from anyone who has experience of this.

Nolo, I used the Doves Farm Self Raising without anything else, and they came out perfect :)

It all sounds hard indeed. Not something that affects me, but at a market ( we trade) someone once bought me a small cake and it was like eating sawdust. Only learned later it was gluten free.

Big bag of pink and white Dominion marshmallows in Aldi are gluten free. Can't remember the price but not dear at all. Just made the brownies on back of Dove self raising packet, really easy and andtasty. On sister's advice, used 200g chocolate instead of 150 and checked them after 25 mins instead if 30-35. I also used less sugar as I don't like things very sweet.

Back