Recommendations for Church wedding singer/musician in Dublin

Josey Wales

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a wedding singer or musician for a wedding in Dublin?

We are getting married next year and are finding it hard to find any information on church singers.

Cheers.

We'd highly recommend Liz mcfeely, she sang for us in August and was the business. She sings with a guitarist.

[broken link removed]

All the best,M.

We used a singer called Margaret Brennan (www.margaretsings.com) in August and she was fantastic. Everyone commented on how fabulous the church singing was. If you do not have an organist/instrumentalist Margaret can organise one for you.

And I had Joanne Brennan - Margaret's daughter I think, also extremely professional and a fabulous singer.
Drop me a pm if you would like her contact details.
I can also recommend the duo Essence, who are in the more expensive price range.

was at a wedding recently and they had the dublin gospel choir ( just 4 of them) and they were brilliant.

My name is Lisa Tobin and I am a church singer. I can post you a CD to have a listen to? Just text me your address - 0872913804.

How much for Church Singer for Wedding?

What is the present going rate for a trained singer to perform at a wedding ceremony? Now that the boom times are over, are people still having singers in the church or is this considered a luxury and therefore low on the list of priorities?

we paid 500 for our singer and one musician which was towards the higher end of the scale but she was excellent (this was sept 2010)
Live music is still the done thing, alot of churches/priests require live music for a wedding ceremony and won't allow music to be played on a cd.
Some people will opt for instrumental music only, a harp or a string quartet.
There is a range of prices out there though,
as Helen said above www.weddingsonline.ie is a great place for all things wedding related, i'm a fan :)

I have just finished recording some songs for a wedding in May. If you like I could send you on a link so you can hear "songbird" by Eva cassidy, one of the songs I recorded. I am based in Dublin and can put a Cd together for you or also if you like I could sing in the church. Hope you like the song,
Sara.

We're using Sacred Sounds for our wedding. There are four of them, but you can just book one or two if you like, and a few of them sing and play instruments, so that helped us cut down on the number of people we had to book.

Back