Recommendation near Malaga

MissRibena

Hi all

We're not really sun holiday types (go skiing, hiking, citybreaks) but we have some Ryanair vouchers to use up and I want a sun holiday first week of May. So going as far south as we can in the Med without a long flight.

I'll be 25 weeks pregnant so looking for somewhere hassle free and where we won't need a car. Would love Sicily but I think the temptation to be on the go from one end of the day to the next would get the better of me.

So Malaga it is (never been anywhere near it)... can anyone recommend a resort that might fit the bill but has a bit of charm and buzz (and a beach and the usual stuff but not Blackpool on the Med).

Thanks a mil
Rebecca

Hi there
Good luck with the remainder of the pregnancy. Within 20 mins of malaga airport you have lots of beach resorts, benalmadena, torremolinos, fuengirola to name but a few, an extra 15 mins will bring you to marbella. theres good deals down there now.
If you need anymore info let me know, I lived there for a year and am a frequent visitor

Theres an inexpensive train across the road from Malaga Airport which takes you along the coast from Fuengirola at one end to Malaga City at the other end. Torremolinos has steep cliffs above the beach (with an interesting open air marketplace on the winding walk down) but also plenty of hotels on the beach level and there is an elevator (if tired) which can take you up and down for 50 cent.

Hello Missribena, We were in Benalmedena in febuary when things were pretty quiet, We are flying back to Malaga in the first week of may also but we are going to stay in Torremilinos this time. The Paseo or Pedestrian walkway has a lot of restaurants and small spanish type bars along it which is why we are opting for a hotel that leads right on to it, And on to the beach, The hotels in that area are the selling point for us , Google Torremilinos forum, tripadvisor for more info, Best of luck with everything.

Torremolinos had a bad name at one time but it is a very pleasant resort with good long promenade. Town side great for people watching. As Bullworth said you can hop on the train for a trip to Malaga and wander around the Old Town.

Rebecca,
We went to Estepona a few years back. It was a nice place and not built up like other resorts on the Costa del Sol. No high rise apartments and the like.
The only thing is it's about 45 minute drive from Malaga airport but it should be easy enough to organise transfers.

Check it out anyway
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estepona

I am currently in Malaga City , all the benefits of a city - large selection of restaurants , bars & shops . Museums include the Picasso museum & the Alcazbayin is an attraction in itself.
Extensive beaches within walking distance from city centre.
Malaga f c are flying in La Liga & tickets are easy to come by - plan to watch them play Rayo tonight kick of 22.00 !

Thanks a million everyone.
They all look great really ... decisions, decisions.
Malaga city is an option we'd never have thought of!

Back