Recommendation For Shower Installation South Dublin For Elderly Parents

Applecart

Not sure if askaboutmoney is the place for this but worth a try anyway! My parents need a bath converted into a shower that is elderly friendly. Not quite a full blown wheelchair accessible shower but something along those lines. Can anyone recommend a store or provider who does this type of bathroom renovation work suitable for older folk. They live in southside dublin in knocklyon area. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Applecart,

A neighbour of my MIL in Palmer park, D. 16 got a conversion like a disability bathroom done by BMC. 0876671367. I'm not sure if you're getting a grant - theirs was part or fully grant funded. But they were happy with the job. Unfortunately the husband died 3 weeks after it was complete so didn't get the benefit:(.

Applecart,

We got similar work done for an older relative with 'Oak Healthcare' Rathfarnham, very happy with the results. We didn't know where to start looking, they were recommended and they take care of everything, including any paperwork for grants, etc.

[broken link removed]

Snowyb

It might be an idea to go the full wheelchair friendly level while you are at it. For my old age and last home I'm planning a downstairs full bathroom with those showers where you do not step in but where the whole rooms drains into the one drain. I've seen them in hospitals here and think they are a great idea. Not sure if this is possible for you. It also helps that it makes it less likely to trip. It can be a very good idea as you can put in a seat if needed to give the elderly or needy person a shower.

It might be an idea to go the full wheelchair friendly level while you are at it. For my old age and last home I'm planning a downstairs full bathroom with those showers where you do not step in but where the whole rooms drains into the one drain. I've seen them in hospitals here and think they are a great idea. Not sure if this is possible for you. It also helps that it makes it less likely to trip. It can be a very good idea as you can put in a seat if needed to give the elderly or needy person a shower.

From somebody who works with Older People a Wet Room is the only way to go. Good Luck Browtal

Back