Recommendation for a grass trimmer

Petal

I’m looking for a grass trimmer, but I don’t want one that comes with the plastic string, as I have one of them and the string just breaks after 2 seconds. So maybe one with plastic blade? Any thoughts?

I have a dewalt cordless & works well.

I wonder if your strimmer line is too light weight?

I have a petrol Stihl strimmer.
I got rid of the plastic string, its always breaking.
Fitted a metal blade thing.. cuts through anything.
I am not trying to get a manicured finish, as I have a 10 acre garden.

Mower.ie sell replacement heads, just beware that the less string breakage, the more damage it will do to fence posts or other objects it encounters..

Something must be wrong with yours, is the string wound correctly? I used to have an old one where the string didnt move freely due to being on wrong and then overheated and melted itself stuck causing constant breaks. I have a newer one now with string and it never breaks.

I’m looking for a grass trimmer, but I don’t want one that comes with the plastic string, as I have one of them and the string just breaks after 2 seconds. So maybe one with plastic blade? Any thoughts?
How big is your garden? Depends totally on your usage.

I have a battery-operated Bosch one with a plastic cord and it's fine but I have about 15 metres of edges.

I have a petrol Stihl strimmer.
I got rid of the plastic string, its always breaking.
Fitted a metal blade thing.. cuts through anything.
I am not trying to get a manicured finish, as I have a 10 acre garden.
I think those are very dangerous, if the metal disk comes off at full speed, at least plastic cord won't cut your leg but a cutting disk, I shudder to think

Thanks for all the feedback. My garden is small, I have a lot of raised beds so need one to cut around them, and stupidly also didn’t leave enough space in between them for the mower to fit through (hindsight….).

I have a good bit of edging in my garden and on the path, I bought a MacAllister one in Screwfix, cord never breaks but there is knack to rewinding it when you have to fill it, guy in shop I bought the cord in showed me, more than likely same for them all as its pretty basic really. Probably explains why my old one kept melting and breaking!

Back