Recommend quantity surveyor cork

tina2201

We have received planning permission, and hope to go down self build route. I think its probably a good idea to meet with a quantity surveyor first though and get a bill of quantities done so we know roughly where we will be at cost wise. Also I guess compare to the builders quotes we have and decide is the money saved worth the extra hassle!
Does anyone have any recommendations for someone in cork/limerick/tipp who would just do up the bill of quantities for now anyway. I've checked the chartered website but there are 178 in Cork alone! Also, roughly how much will this cost?
Appreciate any help

Being in the construction industry but working in the uk there are many good builders in cork now at very competitive prices.

What you need to realise if you employ a block layer and are not happy with his work you will have to pay for the blocks mortar etc if it's wrong, if a builder does it he pays.

Secondly you can build a lot quicker with a builder and get watertight then get your own tradesmen in to do the finishes inside, ie build the shell, roof windows and doors externally then get your own elecs, plastering internal doors etc done afterwards at your own pace.

Just an option that would give you a habitable house quickly with minimal risk.

As for a QS I couldn't help but have had a couple of builders quote me that used a QS to price my build. Can your architect not recommend anyone?

Good luck with you build.

Charlie

Back