Health Insurance Recommend Health Insurance for Adult, two young adults and kid?

Curamach

My older kids are now rated as "Young adults" for health insurance purposes and so their cover on Laya Flex 175 has gone up from from €251.39 last year to €953 this year under the same plan.

Can anyone please recommend a plan for me, my two young adults and one child?

We are all in good health, thankfully. But as I am in my mid fifties maybe I should consider upping my cover? And getting a very basic package for the kids?

I've done the health insurance comparison thing on hia.ie but am blinded by the options.

Thanks in advance for any response. First time post here, so I am grateful for your patience too.

Hi Curamach,

Welcome to AAM. At the moment, VHI are most competitive on price for young adults and children.
I'm not sure what ages the young adults are, but the following plan with VHI is worth considering for the child and young adults;

One + Plan; child price 131pa(half price offer) young adults price depends on their age. Insert age on the following link to see price.
Similar good hospital cover as before, lower excess 125 per private or hi tech admission/day case. No excess payable in any public hospital.
[broken link removed]

VHI allow young adults and children only to be insured on a policy, an adult just is named on the policy but only the young adults and child are insured.
For yourself, there is also the option for you to switch to VHI One Plan price 1038pa, same hospital cover as before, lower excess 125pa, no day to day cover.
[broken link removed]

However, there is a better option with Laya Healthcare as follows;
Simply Connect plan; price 999pa; public, private and hi-tech hospital cover(as before), 150 x 2 max excess, good day to day cover max refund 300.
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Snowyb

Thank you for your really comprehensive response. I've fired out a couple of extra questions to Laya and VHI re payment procedure, and benefits and will make a final decision based on that but am truly grateful to you for cutting through all the possibilities and narrowing my options down to something more understandable.

Back