Recommend brand of pots?

doll

Can anyone recommend a really good set of pots. I like le creuset but they are very heavy and i'd be terrified if they fell on my porceline floors, is there any other good pot sets, non stick pans preferably. Thanks

For non stick life long pans you cant beat cast iron - the Le Crueset range are VERY expensive, you can buy plain non branded cast iron pans in 'Homestore and More' on the Belgard Road - I think I paid 35ish euro for the biggest pan, they have varying sizes, types and woks in cast iron also.
Cast iron must be looked after, never wash with soap - only boiling water and always re-season with a little oil after use - they are lifelong pieces of kitchenware.

Im less fussy on pots - I tend to just use whatever the most reasonable brand at the time is and throw them out if they develop problems like the base going uneven or the handles cracking. Copper based pots will distribute heat better but the last set I had with copper bases, the copper started peeling back with usage - so be careful. I think the Jamie Olivier set looks quite good?

Le crueset look lovely but they are so cumbersome to use.
I would recommend a casserole dish from this range as it works well as an oven to table item but otherwise no.
I bought a set of Raymond Blanc pans one year and three months ago and they were the best buy ever. I'll check the brand name for you later and post again. However I never put them in the dishwasher, ever. It just a killer for quality pots and pans. Anything that gets burnt on is let to steep and it comes off easily then.

thanks that would be great, i'm treating myself to a new granite countertop and pots and pans, its like buying a new bag but having to buy a new wallet to go with.... sad i know.... but my pots are in a bad state of affairs:)

Doll, meet your sister! :rolleyes:

Ok my Raymond Blanc pans which I bought Jan 12months ago are called
Anolon Professional. They are Anodized non-stick, are really pretty sturdy without breaking the wrist lifting on and off the hob, and after everyday use for more than one year, they really are perfect. I'm pretty strict about the no-dishwasher policy though, and I never use metal utensils for stirring or mixing.

You'll find them in the kitchen section of BT, but I got mine on sale in Debenhams. I'll buy more of them when I can.

Anyhoo, best of luck pot-hunting!

Thanks a mil for that sis :L, i'll definitely check them out, they sound great,

any recommendations for a decent stainless steel pot, suitable for stews/boiling christmas puddings/boiling corned beef, ham etc?

You could try in Sweeney O'Rourke, they're suppliers to the trade and also have a retail operation. If they sell them in to commercial kitchens, you can be sure enough they'll do the job.

I collected the Tesco tokens around Christmas time and bought some pans from their offer - and I LOVE them! The brand is Thomas Rosenthal..

Back