Recommend a holiday destination please

ailbhe

Hi all.
Myself and a friend are off on our holidays in August but a bit stumped as to where to go.

We are late 20s, both single and looking for a cheap holiday. Want to go somewhere that is hot, has a beach and a nightlife but at the same time we want to avoid anywhere too crazy or filled with leaving cert students ;) No foam parties etc.

Wouldn't mind a bit of culture too, daytrips etc.

The cheap part is the main thing. Cheap to get there and cheap while there too.

Thanks!

we went to Tenerife -Los christianos 4 years ago & it was perfect for that age group
plenty to do,plenty of nightlife but without the madness of neighbouring resort playa de las americas.
Also been to Torremolinos in costa de sol a few years back which we loved

You could base yourself in Barcelona its a great city full of great bars and restaurants and there are numerous resorts for chilling not too far from the city.

without a shadow of a doubt id recommend turkey i stayed in gumbet and kusadasi. most gorgeous weather shops restaurants and bars... couldnt fault it. kusadasi hotels are the palmin, and the sealight hotel and in gumbet the magnific apartments.. let me no if u need more info. im arounf the same age and went with 3 other ingle girls at the time. LOVED EVERY BIT OF IT

Ailbhe - why not Cork .............
how did things work out with your x and the house.
I haven't been on since Dec 08 so just catching up now I guess.
Great to see you have moved on {I hope}

lanzarote is brill, great beaches nightlife and site seeing, porto del carmen or playa blanca, lovely restaurants also and great prices due to duty free island status

Both coasts of Italy offer good options.

The med towns around Viareggio are lively without being OTT with good options for day trips (e.g Pisa, Lucca, inland Tuscany, etc) You could fly to Pisa with ryanair.

On the East coast, ther are some very classy towns near Rimini (although not Rimini itself) e.g Riccione with options for day trips to San Marino or bologna. You could fly to Bologna with Aer lingus or ryanair and get a train.

Hi all thanks for the suggestions. Alas, my car gave up on me this week so holiday is off as I have to buy a new one! But will start saving again for next year!

Back