Recommend a good economical diesel city car?

moondance

Might be moving to Belfast to return to college as a full time student later in the year, the course would involve a lot of placement work where I would be working nights and on call so public transport wouldn't be sufficient. Would like to sell my 03 petrol Ford Focus and buy a small reliable, economical diesel car up north as I'd be living there anyway. Any recommendations, would prefer not to spend more than £3000 and would like a relatively new car (3-5 years old)?

Thanks in advance for any feedback! ;)

I'm a big fan of Japanese cars, and you won't get anything more reliable or cheap to run in the city than a 1.4 d4d Toyota Yaris, or if that's too small, a Corolla 1.4 d4d. Fantastic cars...

I'm a big fan of Japanese cars, and you won't get anything more reliable or cheap to run in the city than a 1.4 d4d Toyota Yaris, or if that's too small, a Corolla 1.4 d4d. Fantastic cars...
Ah the diesel yaris! I got one in november and i get 75 mpg per tank out of it. It takes 3 child seats in the back and i actually fitted a McClaren double buggy in the boot too.
I'd say most 1.4d4d's would do as good. Search in carzone for anything with a 1.4 or 1.5 diesel engine.

ollie

Back