Recommend a funky central London hotel (something like the 'G'?)

paddywhacker

Am looking for a modern funky hotel in London, modern and hip and right in the centre of things, something along the lines of the G in Galway. Any recommendations?

oxford st runs on to soho and regent street!

but anyway, this might help

[broken link removed]

the lifts in Aldwich One are cool (same people now run the fancy hotel Carlise Bay in antigua with Irelands own Harcourt Developments).

most of these are way better than The G (both substance and style)

I have stayed in the Soho hotel and it's pretty cool. It's not G style in décor though. Lovely rooms, great bar and breakfasts. Staff very helpful. I've also stayed in the Hempel which looks cooler, but we didn't really like it - a bit pretentious and location not as good.

Do a search for the Rookery in London. Stayed there once and was fab...especially the honesty bar as well...nice touch.

St Giles Hotel, near Covent Garden, Aldwych and Tottenham Court Road. Big swimming pool and leisure centre. Mid price.

Sorry if off topic but seeing the Cumberland hotel mentioned brought back memories. I worked there for a summer about 17 yrs ago. What a summer it was. Great hotel back then and has seemed to keep its reputation.

Back