recommedation for manicure/pedi person who will do homecall for dublin invalid

paddi22

Would anyone have a recommendation for a manicure/pedicure person who would do a home call to an invalid in dublin. My mum has terminal cancer and would like someone to come in to sort her feet and nails out.

i am worried about getting one from a local salon in case they send a young girl who might be freaked out or uncomfortable at dealing with someone with an advanced illness. I just want the experience to be as relaxed and enjoyable as possible for my mum, so i was wondering if anyone had been in a similar position and found someone good.

house is in santry, dublin 9.

contact the local home help or public health nurse, they should have a list service providers in the are

Hi Paddi,
I can't recommend a person but can advise that your Mother's Doctor should be able to give her a referral for Chiropodist, the Health Board will then give approval which depending on age can be foc (approval is actually quite fast) and appoint a local Chiropodist, it should be a better treatment in this case than one provided by a Beautician. I imagine they will make house call for a payment above the HSE payment if you explain the situation.
Have you been in touch with Arc? they give great support and help, there is one on Eccles Street www.arccancersupport.ie

When my mother was in a nursing home they had someone come in to do hair/nails etc., the charge was added to her bill.

You could trying ringing a nursing home near you and ask if they have someone who does the same?

Back