Reasonable price for electric gates

Tim Robbins

Hi,
We are getting quotes for electric gates and just want to make sure prices were reasonable.

Gates are 5ft swing gates, 6ft high, metal and electrified. Told price will be 2,200 + VAT. Is this the going rate or pricey?

Many thanks.

Be careful when you get swing gates, I have them at home and if you hit the button twice they miss time and get all messed up, I have another single gate with one ram which is far better. My twin 5ft gates cost me £4100 in 2009 and included fitting and full set up.

Be careful when you get swing gates, I have them at home and if you hit the button twice they miss time and get all messed up, I have another single gate with one ram which is far better. My twin 5ft gates cost me £4100 in 2009 and included fitting and full set up.

Got quote wrong. It is €3K for gate and electrification of it. And I guess VAT goes on that too. Sounds very pricey to me.

The gates I bought were Cast Iron, with a unique design, it really depends on the finish you want, I have to say I would never go back to manual gates, getting out on those winter nights is a nightmare, I have 2 sets of gates at home along with an electric shutter.

The price of €3K+ VAT for gate and electrification of it sound very pricey. My brother have such gates and payed about 5000€ for the two doors from Cast Iron for them and he is very happy of having them.

So 5k is good, but 3k+VAT isn't???

My OH bought the rams over the internet and attached them to existing gates for a lot less. Let me know if you want any further info and I'll quiz him!

5000 for two gates ;).There was cheaper but he chose this. 3 000 is for one gate. 1000€ Is not small sum I think.

OP said 3k+VAT was for 'Gates are 5ft swing gates, 6ft high, metal and electrified.'

sounds very reasonable gates cost around 1000 t0 1500 on average and around the same to get them wired up, thats what i paid anyway..

Back