Readymix query

PurpleHat

I hope someone can help me.

We recently started a self build and ordered 53 meters of cement for a raft foundation.

However 56 metres of concrete were delieverd to the site. We only used/needed 53 and the last lorry load had some left in it.

Do we have to pay for what 'wasn't used' ? My query been we only needed 53 meters, so will i just pay for that? When i rang my contact with the company for the exact figure to pay, he said refer to the delivery documents. Which tally's with 56 metres. Even though we only received/needed/ordered 53. It's a queston of 250 euro more if i have to pay the whole lot. Nolt much i know, but it could be used for something else plus its the principle of paying for something i didn't order.

When I received a quote for concrete, I believe that they would take back an unused concrete less a % charge.

PH,

What happened to the remaining 3 metres of concrete?

I absolutely would not pay for something I didn't order - or use

THanks for your replies. The lorry driver just took the excess away. I waiting for a call back from the sales man, so i'll keep ye posted.

Pay for what you ordered and used - take no crap there are plenty of concrete suppliers for next time.

Well a truck usually takes 8 metres so I assume you got 7 full truck loads. I doubt anybody could accurately predict that a foundation would take exactly 53 metres, whoever ordered it would have ordered extra in case it swallowed more than expected.

Unfortunately concrete goes hard fairly fast so they can't sell it the next day.

We always order a bit extra - and at the outset of construction dug a foundation for the boundry walls. Any excess was used up there.

Back