Ready made curtain linings.

Molli

Can you get very good strong curtain linings apart from the blackout one which I dont really want?

you'll get them no prob in hickeys or any other good curtain shop in standard sizes

I bought some bargain curtains over the weekend (less than €100 for 3 pairs of chenille type) and although they are lined already, I am hoping to find some 'quilted' lining to give them more of a thermal propertyand keep all draughts etc out as well as making the curtain hang slightly better. Having been into a few curtain shops over the weekend I can only find standard lining. Does anybody know where I can get this thicker stuff? Am happy to have a go at lining them myself....

I saw it on some pairs of ready made curtains in the shop that were very expensive, but nobody could offer me a solution. I am looking on the interweb at the moment, and can find 'thermal' lining, but wondering if it is the thick stuff?

Think i have solved this - looking to buy interlining material :) This sits between the curtain and lining and should give a better hang, as well as block out draughts, noise etc. Found a few retailers online that do this, with one of them sending me out samples of the different linings - just got to find the time and effort to do this now :D

I've just bought Sundour blackout lining as I found it impossible to get readymade good quality linings to give bulk to my new thin curtains. I'm very pleased as when you buy the lining it feels very heavy when packed but when up totally different and my curtains hang lovely. On the other hand Argos seem to have a new thermal lining advertised which has got quite good reviews.

Back