Read any really good classic novels?

Abbica

Hi, I just happened to find on my mums shelf Jane Eyre (from my school days )and took to reading it again, which I really enjoyed and would love to start reading these. Can anyone recommend good classic novels from Charlotte Bronte, Jane Austen and the like which they found very good? At the moment I am reading Sense & sensibility, only on 5th chapter so will see how it goes.

The Pearl by John Steinbeck. His books are nice. And read To Kill a Mocking Bird it's good too. I'm not sure these are considered classic but they are oldies and have dated well.

I agree with Fizzelina. I know it is only 50 years old, but To Kill a Mockingbird is a classic, one of the greatest novels written.

That's great thanks, I will get the pearl and mocking bird, wuthering heights is def on my re-to-do list although I hate Heathcliff.

Definitely agree re 'To Kill a Mocking Bird'...love it.

If To Kill a Mockingbird qualifies then you also should add Catcher in the Rye, an absolute classic.

Going back to the older stuff, how about Rebecca? And of course Jane Eyre, I only recently read that again..on my ipod! I was able to download a load of the classics for free on the Stanza app.

War and Peace. If you don't want to read all the pages dedicated to dissecting the wide and mysterious Russian soul, just skim, it's really good.

Back