Rea Mortgage Brokers

Plek Trum

Hi, my partner and I shall be applying for our first mortgage in the next few days. We have a combined income of 89k, savings of 13k and existing loan of 20k.

I've heard that Rea are very good to deal with -- does anybody have any experience / opinions of them? Their offer of solicitors fee's for 499e (+vat) is enticing, along with refund of commission from the lender.

We are eager to secure approval as fast as possible (hence the broker route) as we have put in an offer to purchase. Any advice or direction would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: Rea Mortgage Brokers?...

I used them and found them very good. If you do a search, there are other threads talking about them and the use of brokers in general.

Sunny - thanks a million ( should have thought to do a seacrh myself!) Given the timeframe and our situation, they do seem (on the whole) good to do buisness with. ANything that aids us and lessens hassle is very welcome at this stage!

GMC in Leeson Park are brilliant too.

Can also recomend Frank Lenny am currently using him to switch our mortgage - really good also good for investments as I recomended my mum to use him and she was very impressed..

No links to company at all other than very satisfied customer

DeirdreL is a poster on AAM hwo has links to REA, I think. The website is quoted on her posts, anyhow. You might contact her by PM, if you wish....

If they return their commission to you and subsidise the leagal costs, what fees do they charge?

Thanks guys - do any of you happen to know if the solicitiors appointed by Rea are nationwide? (county Kerry for example) - or are all dealings via phone / email if located outside of the Dublin area.

Hi Piek Trum

just to clarify we have different packages to offer based on your mortgage requirements

for mortgages up to €250,000 we charge a fee of €2495 + VAT 21% and refund the mortgage commission given to us by the lender in question to you within 90 days of your mortgage cheque issuing

for mortgages over €250,000 we arrange a REA appointed solicitor for a special price of €499 + VAT, we subsidise the cost of the solicitor from the commission received, but do not refund the remainder of the commission (sorry but we don't work for free!!)

at present we don't have solicitors in Kerry, nearest we have is Waterford City or Galway City

regards

DeirdreL

www.rea.ie

Back