Re-wire in progress - I want Sky digital

paulpd

Hello, just want to know if there's anything specific I should ask the electrician to do? I want to get Sky Digital and Sky+. Was told by a friend I'll need 2 cables??

Thanks!

Yes, you need 2 cables from the satellite dish to a sky+ box (to allow you to watch one channel and record a second).

my suggesttion would be to run satellite cables into every room you would never know when you would use them in the future

you still need a phone line if you want multiroom!!!. And multiroom will need at least 3 cables from the sat dish:- 2 for feed to your sky+ box, and 1 for feed to your second normal box.
Wexfordman

recommend you put 3 cables to main viewing point form attic, then 1 cables from attic to each room. that way you can get a distribution amp in attic, take rf feed out of beack of digibox, and use magic eyes to control the sky box from any room in the house.

You will also need a phne point at the location where you want your second sky box for multiroom. Personally, I would provision for a phone point at your main sky+box location also, so may be worht considering running in phone and coax to each point. Depends on how far you want to go with this really, but the basic level you should put in imho is.

1) Main sky/linving room:- 4 coax cables (2 for sky+, one for terrestrial arial, and one for sky retrun to rest of house. 1 phone point for sky box
2) Other rooms, 1 coax cable (I wouydl go for 2) and one phone point

Make sure you put in high quality sat xoac cable, and not the cheap stuff!!
Wexfordman

Back