re-sizing wedding ring.

justsally

I need to have my wedding ring re-sized. It's now too tight to wear. I'm looking for somewhere in Dublin city centre where I can have this done for a reasonable price.

Anyone know how much this would cost. A rough guideline would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I had mine resized down a few sizes a year ago in Rocks Jewellers in Stillorgan. I think it cost 40 but I cant remember for certain.

Just one thing to note, many of the jewellers in the city centre don't do the sizing in house, they send it out, for example the likes of Fields or other large chains can send your ring as far as the UK to have the work done.
Just be sure when you're looking for someone that you can get it done in house, we went to a man in Bray - prob a bit far for you but it was done in a day.

addob

That is a very good point that addob makes.
Make sure you go somewhere that is a jewellers, not just a shop.
Best to get a personal recommendation.

My recommendation ( Rocks in Stillorgan) are good, They have a branch in Grafton st.

McDowells in O'Connell St did an engagement ring for me about 18 months ago. As far as I know it was done in store. Cost €50 and they did a good job.

Try Vincent O'Neill On South Anne street, very reasonable. Doesnt open on mondays though

I had to get mine resized twice because the first crowd did it wrong and I didn't trust giving it back to them. I had it done the second time in the Happy Ring House on O'Connell Street, I think it's also called McDowell's. I was really happy with the service there. It cost me €300 but I had to get it snipped and the band replaced as it was vintage and very, very worn.

This post lists some repairers. I used Osbornes myself and found them very good if they are still around. If memory serves me well a ring can only be resized a couple of times so you may need to get careful advice from a reputable repairers.

Update:-

First, let me say thanks to everyone for the helpful replies.

I decided to get a quote from Vincent Byrne, Osbornes and McDowells. Well that was the idea. My first port of call was Vincent Byrne, South Anne Street. His quote for re-sizing my wedding ring (no need to put a piece into it) and for putting a piece into the engagement ring band - 2 sizes bigger?????? 20Euro!!! How could I pass up on that, wearing the rings as I type.

Cheers

Update:-

First, let me say thanks to everyone for the helpful replies.

I decided to get a quote from Vincent Byrne, Osbornes and McDowells. Well that was the idea. My first port of call was Vincent Byrne, South Anne Street. His quote for re-sizing my wedding ring (no need to put a piece into it) and for putting a piece into the engagement ring band - 2 sizes bigger?????? 20Euro!!! How could I pass up on that, wearing the rings as I type.

Cheers

Absolute Bargain. I was recommended this man some years back and would always recommend him to other people - he is probably one of the few old school jewellers left around not to mention the cheapest

Back