Re: My fridge is too warm . 10 to 13 degrees - can it be fixed?

sfag

my fridge is too warm. 10 to 13c. Can it be fixed - say by replacing the gas. I'd hate to have to replace it.

Re: Is there a problem with my Fridge/Freezer?

It looks bad for your fridge its not usually economic to regas a fridge.if there is a condenser at the back feel it it should be warm if its not forget a repair.

Try the simple things first.....

Make sure the light is turning off.
To check this (without hiding in the fridge) leave the door closed for an hour and as soon as you open the door put your hand on the bulb/dome. If it is warm/hot to the touch then you have a problem with your sensor switch.

Definitely defrost the Freezer. This will reduce the load on your chiller.

Also check the vents on the Fridge. Make sure there is cold air circulating in the Fridge - you may have to hold down the door sensor to make this happen.

Fridges should be at 4 degrees - 10 will not preserve food properly and it will spoil much faster.

Also:

1. Check the seal around the fridge.

2. Make sure that there is adequate ventilation at the rear of the fridge (the condenser has to get rid of heat; if the fridge is built-in and the fit is almost airtight above and behind the fridge, then the heat cannot get away, greatly reducing efficiency)

If it's a frost free fridge then the heating elements/sensors involved in the auto defrost process fail quite often. If they fail depending on the design then the fridge part won't get any cold air passed on from the freezer section.

Modern fridges unfortunately have more parts to go wrong than older ones.

Back