re arranging bathroom layout

Sarah

Our en suite is quite long in length but narrow in width and im not too keen on the layout of the floor space. The Toliet ir right next to the shower with less than an inch between the shower door and the toilet,the radiator is miles away from the sink on the same wall. We have apinter the bathroom an put shelves up...also the shower wall has been tiled...i think the shower tray measures 900mm x 900mm. What i would like to do is prehaps move the radiator to the opposite wall behind the door, then move the sink up further on its existing wall and take out the shower doors and tray thats there and put in a corner entry cubicle...therefore..hopefully giving more of a distance between the shower and toilet...hope im explaining myself clear enough. Anyway, can anyone tell me who should i consult to do a job like this and is it a difficult or expensive job? I would like to do this sooner rather than later as i want to tile the floor but not before this has been done if it is at all possible.

thanks a mill

Sarah

We recently put a new ensuite into what used to be a walk-in wardrobe. It was also quite a small space so we drew the room to scale and then made cardboard cut-outs of the fittings, quadrant shower, close-coupled toilet and vanity unit also to scale. It was really helpful in planning the layout as we could move everything around to get the best fit.

The best find was the Mondial close-coupled toilet - it's only 57cm deep.

If you don't already have tiles on your floor, why not consider underfloor heating? It'll save you some space and there's nothing like that warm feeling under your feet! :)

Davies Bathrooms have a computer aided design service.

I would suggest to consult a plumber. I wanted to put a shower over my bath but as the bath was under the window I couldnt do it but my plumber suggested moving the bath down to the other wall and then moving the sink to where the bath was and hay presto all done and work out very well. Good luck with finding a plumber.

Megan why couldn't you put your shower over bath at the window? That's where we're planning on putting ours...

M

muffin1973 said:
Megan why couldn't you put your shower over bath at the window? That's where we're planning on putting ours...

M

From my experience this isn't a good idea as if you have a window sill there it will rot from constantly getting wet. I bought a second hand house where the window sill and parts of the old window frame were completely rotten due to this. I now have to use a shower curtain on that side of the bath to prevent the same thing happening with my new window sill. You could always tile the area but and make sure that it is all sealed off properly around the edges etc.

muffin1973 said:

M
As my window was half way over the bath and I wanted to put a shower panel on the side of the bath instead of shower curtains I needed the wall to attach the panel too.

Back