rats and rivers

moneygrower

My friend has an offer on a ground floor apartment very near a river and she's wondering should she be worried about rats as it's near the river. Not something I would have thought of myself.

Most suburban gardens have rats in them. They rarely enter homes. Your friend has nothing to worry about.

Brendan

If she has ever been to Amsterdam, Venice or some other wet town for a honey moon than she won't mind.

There are holidays and there are honey moons. When you see a rat climbing into the (house) boat or jumping into the gondola during the holidays you might complain to the organizer, but complaining about the honey moon to "the organizer" is a rare thing.

On a honeymoon if a rat came in sight the new husband would protect the wife and attack the vermin.

A few years later the same couple on a holiday When the rat came in sight the husband would point at it and say to the wife " look there's a rat, do something about it, complain to someone.

Sorry I meant to add on to that reply, I live by the canal and there is no problem with rats. Am aware that they are around as I live close to a farm and when the barley is cut they can be seen feeding on the spoils.

Have lived in this cottage for twelve years and have never had a rat in my home.

I was passing Cross Guns the other day and marvelled at the swimming and climbing ability of the rats just below the bridge in the Royal Canal. Same as when I used to take my lunch on the banks of the Grand Canal near Baggot Street and Lower Mount Street bridges and used to admire the torpedo like swimming of the rats traversing the canal in both directions.

Back in the eightys I seen them from my appartment window in A'dam walking in the gutter -5th storey, an old warehouse from 16hundred something. In Jamaica they harvest papayas from trees of 10 meters height, I shot them with the camera. Respect to the creatures!

:D thats why we are more healthier and beautiful then rats, I wonder if they went to beauty parlours and got "waxed" instead of been tested with all sorts of new products would they be accepted by us .

Back