Raining today - last night's forecast was for DRY

C

Chocks away

Please tell me that I'm not going mad. I specifically looked at the weather forecast last night and both today and tomorrow were to be good and dry. I know it is hard for them to accurately predict because of the different fronts vying for position but surely, with the aid of sat pictures, this is absurd. It has been lashing down for quite a while. What is going on? :confused::)

they probably covered themselves by saying 'showers with sunny spells'??? that way if it rains then they get it right and if its sunny they also get it right.

Its dry in County cork so far. Glorious morning!

Pooring rain now just after posting the above

Last edited:
The sun was shining in Waterford - up until about 10 mins ago. Absolutely lashing out of the heavens now :-(
Rain rain go away..

Biggest problem I have with the weather forecasts is they way they are presented. We get the forecast about 3 times with 20+ slides. I zone out until the summary slide at the end...wish they'd show this one first!

Maybe try . Link set to Dublin, but you can change that as required.
Leo

Left Dublin for Tralee at 10.15. Raining at Roscrea, then had to slow down(visability and torrents) for three or four minutes at Nenagh bypass. After Newcastle West - semi tropical :D. On way back up sun all the way until sundown. Car ruined with salt stains - only washed it yesterday :( Hopefully downpour in the morning to wash it off :)
Leo, just checked link. Free natural car wash tomorrow. Thanks for that

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought of you this evening Lex! Was having a meal in Molly Somethingorother (the town with the T junction, before you hit the M7 coming from Kerry) and the napkins had the name of a Cork pub. I'll let you know tomorrow as am too tired to go to the car now and fetch it. Is nothing sacred from the Merchant Princes? :) It was not The Narrow Valley.

Thought of you this evening Lex! Was having a meal in Molly Somethingorother (the town with the T junction, before you hit the M7 coming from Kerry) and the napkins had the name of a Cork pub. I'll let you know tomorrow as am too tired to go to the car now and fetch it. Is nothing sacred from the Merchant Princes? :) It was not The Narrow Valley.

I haven't travelled that road in years, Chocs. You'll have to give me all the details tomorrow. I'll be very cross if someone has breached copyright or if a premises is masquerading as the genuine article! ;)

Please tell me that I'm not going mad. I specifically looked at the weather forecast last night and both today and tomorrow were to be good and dry. I know it is hard for them to accurately predict because of the different fronts vying for position but surely, with the aid of sat pictures, this is absurd. It has been lashing down for quite a while. What is going on? :confused::)

10.30 - read this morning & I thought, for once, they actually got it right for me, 'cos it was lovely - bright, sunny & dry. Lovely day!!

11.30 - out in the garden doing a few bits (in a long sleeved t-shirt). Dog catches my eye & I feel guilty. I really should bring her for a nice long walk on a nice warm day...I'll go to the park & do 3 laps ....should take about 75mins

12.15 - arrive at the park, but notice its abit nippier (still in long sleeved tee & no jacket in the car)....but hey, I'll still probably be ok to do 2 laps

12.25 - noticable sudden drop in temp, wind picks up dramatically....maybe long sleeved tee not enough....I'll do one lap

12.30 - mad dash to the car, hands ready to drop off with the cold & rain lashing against me

12.32 - soaked, freezing, wind burnt cheeks - urgent need of a blanket & hot chocolate....but I made it to the car, I did a good half a lap & she got a 17min walk!!

I haven't travelled that road in years, Chocs. You'll have to give me all the details tomorrow. I'll be very cross if someone has breached copyright or if a premises is masquerading as the genuine article! ;)
Motif looks like two castle towers with a sailing ship in between.
The
Rebel
Bar GROUP
~~~~~~
Tel: 021 ... .... Fax: 021 ... ....
[broken link removed]
The eating joint must have bought them in a job lot. I think the town is called Mountrath.

It could be a job lot alright, Chocs. The Rebel Bar Group owned a lot of pubs in the Cork area but they got into serious financial trouble.......... [broken link removed]

Maybe the group had a pub up around Mountrath, also......

Thankfully, they never got their hands on The Long Valley! :eek:

The motif you describe is probably the Cork coat of arms. (If you watch tv in September, you'll have seen it regularly on red jerseys). ;) ..... http://images.vector-images.com/205/cork_city_coa_n10401.gif

Back