Races at Fairyhouse

there is no hotel in ratoath or dunshaughlin but plenty of b and b's.
hotels in ashbourne.
but if u didnt want to drive and have a few drinks there are buses that run from city centre to fairyhouse and u could stay in town.

Why not stay in Navan. As the advert goes "only an hour from Dublin". If you believe that you would believe anything. You would get to Fairyhouse in about 25 minutes from Navan. Couple of nice hotel in Navan. (The Newgrange & The Ardboyne.)
You might even bump into Hector or Tommy.

Agreed, the closest hotels are either the new dunboyne castle or either of the 2 hotels in ashbourne. either location 10-15 mins in a cab to fairyhouse. ashbourne might be better for going out after but the castle in dunboyne is supposed to be nice. Navan a bit far I would have thought. 25 mins from dublin. Yes. hmmm. how did that old ad go, "If you had the only car on the road..."

Sorry but I gave the wrong website above:eek: It should be www.dunboynecastlehotel.com and from my experience far superior to either the Ardboyne or Newgrange, with much nicer surroundings, can't comment on hotels in Ashbourne though. Dunboyne has a few pubs worth going to; Bradys or Slevins would be the only 2 I could recommend as other 2 are a bit dodgy and prone to fights!

Hi

You could also stay in Swords where their are plenty of hotels, and it's only about 20 - 25 mins from Rathoath.

Back