Questions on showing depreciation, interest & lease repayments in a budget.

Icarus

Some questions relating to a projected budget as part of a business plan:

* Are lease repayments and interest on an asset purchase shown as one figure under direct expenses or split with the interest shown seperately as a fixed overhead?
* If I have an asset worth €100,000 and I wish to show depreciation over a projected 60 month budget would it simply be shown in each month of my budget as 1/60th of the €100,000 i.e. €1666.66 depreciation per month as a fixed overhead? Would this be an acceptable level of depreciation on a technological asset that is expected to lose value quite quickly?
* How would I show corporation tax over the above budget, is it worked out monthly at the very end and included as a fixed overhead?

2 different budgets then.

For profits, yes, depreciation could be shown monthly.

For a cash flow, depreciation is irrelevant. Your capital allowances would be set against your taxable profits, and the estimate of tax payable would be shown in the month it is paid.

I would have thought 60 months was optimistic for the asset in question-more like 36 months-but why don't you see what the position is re. capital allowances/writing down allowances and follow that?

From a cash flow point of view, the split is largely irrelvent.

From an accounting point of view, it could make sense to split them-interest would flow through the p&l, capital affects the balance sheet.

Back