Questions about filling in Form 12.

askalot

I'm filling out a Form 12 for the first time. All my income is PAYE so it seems pretty straight forward but I am unsure about the Retirement Annuity Contracts (RACs) section.

I got my tax credits amended at the start of '08 to get relief at my marginal rate, I have to apply separately to SW to claim further relief (4% PRSI and 2% health). Should I do this after returning the Form 12?

It also says : ''If you are claiming relief in respect of RACs state the source of your non-pensionable earnings''. What does this mean? My only income is from PAYE so is this my employer?

There is a box to tick if you are a member of a Pre-Approved Pension Scheme. My pension is with Eagle Star, are they pre-approved and what difference does it make?

As my tax credits were amended at the start of '08 then where the form states, ''the contributions already relieved under the net pay arrangement'', do I fill in my premiums for the year?

For health expenses they ask you to complete a Form Med 1, should this be returned to revenue with the Form 12?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back