Question on Composite Doors - Is this installed okay?

Jada

I'd really appreciate some advice.

I had a new composite front door installed and it seems to have a large lip to step over when leaving the house.

The installers fitted a wooden threshold too, this doesn't help and adds another trip hazzard.

Is there anything that can be done to make the lip lower?

It's about 7cm from the floor to the lip, is this normal?

Last edited:
Cheers Tallpaul.
I measured again - it's more like 8cm to step over. It's very awkward.

I have a friend with the same make of door and it is more like 2/3 cm of a lip. So I was wondering what measurements other people have?

The wooden strip looks odd but perhaps it's covering up a rough finish or edge. Threshold looks normal for external door.

Our old front door had a high lip at the bottom of the frame. Was probably similar to yours, around 7/8 cms. When we were getting our new composite door, I asked for the lowest lip possible. The one we have now is around 2/3cm max. I assume that was factored into the measuring process so the correct size door was ordered/fitted.

Thanks for the replies.
I had looked at many examples online of these Pallandio composite doors before ordering and they all had low profile thresholds. So I didn't know it was something to specifically request.

When the window/door installer was speccing out the door for me they just gave me options on colour and door design.
I guess I am a bit worried about it being a trip hazard for elderly visitors.

I asked the installer to come back and have a look at it and I was hoping there was some modification that could be done.
But I wasn't sure of the correct terminology or what to ask for.

They 'might' be able to install a lower lip and if necessary put something on the back of the door is the air tightness will be compromised by the lower lip.

Hopefully you can get sorted.

Back