Query re Vodafone contract

Optimistic

Hi all. I am currently with Vodafone and have been for the past several years.Paid my monthly dues on time all the time.The service has been a disaster the past several months, dropped calls or to the situation now where only one bar reception, resulting in it being impossible to hear the conversation and I end up hanging up in frustration.I am in contract until October this year, but the service is so bad I can't stay with Vodafone until then.
My query is, are vodafone contractually obliged to provide a satisfactory service for what I signed up for? If they don't provide a satisfactory service then surely I can break the contract?
Can anyone advise on the best way to proceed please, especially people that have had similar issues in the past.
Thanks a heap

Obviously there's no point staying with Vodafone if you're not able to use their service. Have you spoken to them about the poor coverage? I can't see them holding you to your contract if you can prove you're not receiving the coverage.

Same situation happened to me with O2. I showed them the history of dropped calls (several very short calls to same number in quick succession) and rang customer services several times after dropped calls to have it noted by them.
They released me from the contract after checking coverage in my area and were very kind and let me even keep the phone.

See Vodafone's terms and conditions - (bill pay pre June 2011) 2.1 - Although they cover themselves with regards guarantee of service etc, It's still worthwhile making a complaint.

It's a waste of time talking to Vodafone. I have been doing so for at least 4 years and service gets worse and worse. Last year I ran a petition locally and got six or seven hundred names. They sent out some guys to survey the area and at the end of the day I was told they had no plans to improve the service in our area. A lady told me to post back my phone by registered post and they would release me from my contract. The only reason I have stayed with them is all my family are Vodafone customers. Any suggestions?

We had this issue with 3 and Meteor on separate occasions and both companies agreed to end the contract early due to poor reception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back