Query about planning for boundary wall

frankjmolloyD

Someone built a small housing estate (6 houses) in a plot next to my own. Their planning stated that they had to build a 1.8m wall between the our sites at the rear of the properties. They built the wall and capped and plastered it, and its 1.8m on our side so I didnt think much about it. But then one day I seen someone walk by and I realized that its no where near 1.8m on their side, the site is higher and someone 5ft9 can look straight across the wall. Id say its about 1.5m at best on their side.

This is annoying as I really wanted to maintain a bit of privacy with this new build going in next door. Is there anything that can be done about this now? The wall is built, but the house building is ongoing. The neighbor has no interest in talking to me about it.

Last edited:
If it does not match the plans you can still appeal , especially if the second fix is not signed off. go on county council site , planning , search under name or address, view plans ., , see who planning officer is and contact them directly !

So the wall itself is 1.8m so likely meets the conditions of planning unless it stipulated on which side it was to be measured from. Ground level changes of up to 1m are generally not subject to planning and the developer could simply state that is what happened.

But then one day I seen someone walk by and I realized that its no where near 1.8m on their side, the site is higher and someone 5ft9 can look straight across the wall. Id say its about 1.5m at best on their side.
You could always pay too have the wall increased in height

But the wall is lower on their side so he does not have access nor the right to do anything with it.

Checking the original plans/permission is the way to go and if they did not build it properly then as recommended above its up to the Council to sort it.

Back