Query about payment of wages

H

HairyLegs

Husband works fulltime. When he started he signed a contract stating he would be paid each month. Last payment was 30th October. Now as of 1st December he has not been paid again so no wages paid in November. Employer says it is processing with bank since last Friday (27th November)and takes a few days. Company is not in trouble, is very busy. If no wages are paid tomorrow we cannot pay our mortgage.

Can anyone tell me if the employer can do this? Does he not have to ensure that wages are paid every month?

Kind Regards.

in my last job, my employers bank was AIB, i was UB and when wages were paid on a friday, i would never receive it before a tuesday. The delay is due to the different banks, not sure if this is the case with your husband.
He could always request a cheque.

Thanks Susie. I am a different bank from my employer and I never have a problem being paid on time. He was paid on time last month but not this month. Employer keeps saying it is processing with bank.

If payment was to have left your employers bank on Friday 27th it is not unusual for that to take 3 days when different banks are involved, so Fri, Mon, Tue. It should be there by close of today. If it left your employers bank on 27th then it was paid in November on his record.

Just ring your mortgage company and explain if he still hasn't been paid tomorrow. It won't be an issue if it is just a day or two late.

Back