Quarterly fees AIB

masterboy123

I always kept a minimum balance of 2500€ but saw last week that I had been charged 12€ as quarterly fees.

Is there any other bank without this banking charge, please?

€48 for a years banking is fairly cheap.most mainstream banks have charges now in place for a lot of accounts

KBC free banking if you lodge circ 2k per month but its cumulative so can lodge 500 transfer 500 out lodge 500 etc and then no fees at all.

AIB abolished their free fees for €2500 balance a few months ago. It was nice while it lasted.

I believe you can still get free fees if you have a mortgage with them though.

I had an aib and KBC a/c & closed the aib one when they started charging me at end of last year. I opened a n26 a/c just to have an extra debit card as a backup

It will take time for KBC to leave the market, not going to happen overnight, so you could get 6/12/18 mts of no fees

PTSB is €6 per month but you get perks. We used to actually make money on the account but we got rid of Sky and Airtricity - there's cash back for DDs on some utilities. Right now we pay less €3pm as you get 10c for every debit card transaction - once a day for a month would be €3 back.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

My mortgage is with PTSB. In fairness, I am delighted with AIB. I will reduce the use of their card for withdrawals.

Back