Quality Management System: for self-employed contractor offering admin services.

olivia

I am starting out as a self-employed contractor offering an administrative support service to FETAC centres and I want to get my own service quality assured. Has anyone gone through this process? What is the best quality system to adopt? How much approx does it cost and how do I go about starting the process. My business may be too young to be quality assured but I want to ensure that I start out on the right foot. I talked to the NSAI and they recommended ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System but it appears to be a very expensive process.

The NSAI are the most expensive certifying body around. They are good (we use them) but if you are just offering services then there should be plenty of exclusions so you should look for another certifying body. Google "ISO 9001:2008 certification UK" as well as Ireland and shop around. BSI in the UK, TUV (german) have an office here, EQA (www.eqa.ie) in Ireland are just a few.

Back