PVC Windows

Lan

I'm looking at a house and it needs new windows. I have no idea what they cost and am wondering if someone can give me an idea before I put an offer in. Its a standard 3 bed semi : New front door, living room window, 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, kitchen window and double doors to back garden. I have no idea what to budget for this when i'm bidding.
Thanks

Hi.... we're having 14 windows and one front door replaced in a large three-bed semi in Dublin. Three quotes from three recommended companies range 10 to 11.5k. All had different suggestions so we're just deciding who to go with. Hope that helps.

We did 3 bed semi recently, included one back door, large front window, 3 regular bedroom windows, 2 regular kitchen windows, 3 smaller side windows - cost 6,500.

There are quite a few previous threads on this topic, take a look at the Key Posts and try the search facility.
Leo

I am getting new windows installed shortly, and my quote was 6K which was for three bed mid terrace, so six windows and two sets of french doors (one for the patio and one for the porch). They are top over side windows in the bedrooms... did quite a bit of pricing around and found this to be the most suitable, this price is for supply/fitting, removal of debris, locks etc and sills (internal and exernal). I used blackrock windows (sth dublin) and have found them very good for service so far. I've no connection with this co other than being a customer!! :eek:)

Also, other co's i got quotes from and they excluded things like taking away the debris (so I'd have cost of skip), the sills and extra for letterbox and things which you'd assume would be included....

Just an update to my last post... got the windows installed, They are great. House much warmer, quieter at night etc, so very happy. The job itself was finished in one day and they were very clean in the patching up and tidying after the job was done. Would defo recommend them. (Again, no connection with the company)
EB :)

Back