Put my Rabo keypad in the wash by mistake!

paddywhacker

Anyone else done this? Will it ever work again or do I need to get a new from Rabo, if so will they charge me?

You can try opening it up, letting all the components air dry (gentle blowing from a hairdryer might help) and then replacing the battery. If it doesn't work after that, you'll have to get a new one.

Still, look on the bright side, your strides are now heavily encrypted...

There is a post from Rado on the site saying that while they reserve the right they have never charged for a replacement.

Edit: thinking about it, that may not be much of a bright side... you'd better get that keypad working soon...

A surprising number of electronic devices survive such misadventures. I'd endorse yoganmahew's advice.

[Four responses, and nobody has yet mentioned money laundering.]

Anyone else done this? Will it ever work again or do I need to get a new from Rabo, if so will they charge me?

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the accident. We should have placed a warning on the back of the Digipass, as they are not suitable for machine wash :)

If you want a free replacement Digipass, give us a call on 1850 88 22 22.

rgds

RaboDirect

Thanks! Phoned rabo just now but apparently I need to fill in a form, etc etc
Think I might go at it with hairdryer but with my luck i'll prob melt the thing...

make sure you can adjust the heat setting on the hair dryer! Alternatively, gently drying it in an airing cupboard, safer but much longer.

So the keypad is all washed out...a bit like Rabo's rates really! My advice: check the best buys thread and get your cash moved to a place where it's working harder for you. Sorry Rabo, you were once the best but now you are miles off the pace.

These things happen to human beings like us... I would be very surprised if Rabo would charge you just for such a little mistake. Pls keep me updated if they charge you

Sorry paddywhacker, but I would say "fair enough": The passcode generator is very personal, it's something the person needs to apply for (with signature as well) by themselves. I agree with rabo on this sorry...

Back