Pulling out of sale

Samson26

Hi

A friend of mine is in middle of purchasing house, they signed contracts with a move in date but the couple they are buying from scribbled out the date and put in a new one without my friends consent when she found out she said she was not prepared to wait and since they had not signed the amended contracts she should not be bound by them and therefore should get her deposit back if she pulls out - is she correct or what will happen?

The other couple said they sent a letter to her solicitor stating the date change and that she had 7 days to reply my friend never heard of this and now her solicitor is saying he might have received it but even if he had does the fact that she did not give written permission for the change not count as a letter is not binding whereas the contract is?

Sorry for the length but wanted to make sure I gave all info - thanks for any help

i would listen to her solicitor if i were here and if she is still not happy then i would be agressively pulling out of the sale to get a move on them. it could happen that they can't move into their new house etc and so this might hunt them into rental when they realise your friend is not a pushover

Back