PTSB transfers to Raisin & Trade Republic "lost"

WIth all of the above I'm totally put off TR now.

One thing to note - The differnece in detail that TR ask for when initaiting a Deposit via Bank Transfer is minimal at best.

TR: My Name / IBAN / BIC / Reference (Optional)

[There is no tooltip or sample as to what to enter in the reference]

As oposed to Trading212, which I have zero issues with across multiple transfers.

T212: Special Code as your Payment Reference / Recipient Bank Name / Recipient Bank Address / Benificiary Name / Benificiary Address / IBAN / BIC

Special Code is listed first, bigger and colourfully, compared to other details; so you can't miss that.

T212 also make you supply the Bank Details of the Account your funds are coming from.

Going to assume the lack of detail on TR is not helping the Funds go to the right place.

Not in Banking / Finance so don't understand the intricacies, so fee free to correct if this is even meaningful.

Simple clarity and a decent thought process go a long way.

Last edited:
My issue got sorted - the money bounced back into my PTSB account in the end - despite the fact that I did not ask for a recall.

There are multiple posts on Reddit again this week of Trade Republic transfers going missing. You are not alone. Shocking.

How long is your money missing?

What have TR Customer Service said?

Have you escalated to the TR complaints email address?

Have you asked BoI to do a trace and/or recall?
Hi SerenaZ,
Could I ask you again how long your saga took in the end? How long until your funds bounced back to your account? Still trying to resolve this with TR. Shocking is right!
Thank you

Hi SerenaZ,
Could I ask you again how long your saga took in the end? How long until your funds bounced back to your account? Still trying to resolve this with TR. Shocking is right!
Thank you

About 6 weeks or so to fully resolve.

I suggest you contact the TR Complaints email address ( [email protected] )

And if that does not work contact the German regulator ( [email protected] ) - your email must be in German or they will reject it. Use Google Translate.

Also, do a recall if a trace did not work.

Back