ptsb mortgage holders warned of delays in selling their homes?

"Permanent TSB says it is carrying out an assessment of all mortgage contracts to to identify any instances where the contractual terms and conditions attached to mortgages with the bank were not fully honoured"

I wonder if they mean that the T&Cs werent honoured by the bank or by the customer?
Are they looking for PPRs that have subsequently been rented out & not declared? Or are they trying to pre-empt future claims against the bank for not adhering to trackers etc?

If I were selling and was delayed I'd be getting my solicitor to write to the PTSB to inform them they would be paying me the following:

Lose of sale
Rent for time lost if sold and had to rent
Compensation for mismanagement
Compensation for Stress
Compensation if one were in a chain and lost the house being bought
etc etc

This kind of carry on is outrageous.

Irish Times today.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/...downplays-buy-to-let-contract-issue-1.2459896

The Irish Times says it's by the bank.

"Permanent TSB established a [broken link removed] Group in September to scrutinise its suite of home loans and to establish whether there are any cases where the contractual terms and conditions attached to mortgage accounts were not being fully honoured by the bank."

I can't see how behaviour by a borrower for a house which is in positive equity could allow a lender to prevent the house being sold.

It could be RTE got the story wrong. Surely the media has financial experts to compile their reports and figure it out for the readers.

After 7 years looking at their loans , PTSB find some ? other issue.

After 7 years looking at arrears , PTSB have minimal repossessions.

After 7 years looking @ buy-to-lets ,PTSB can,t put in receivers.

After 7 years PTSB pay compensation on trackers.

After 7 years PTSB say you can,t conclude house sales.

After 7 years I still manage to be amazed.

That's funny Gerry. It's unbelievable really. In 20 years we're going to think we dreamt all this, how will we explain it to the grandchildren.

Don,t worry Bronte ,

Leopards (banks) don,t change spots , by then our grandchildrens Banks will have re-invented another scam, remember its only 25 years since Dail Eireann was 1st recalled to bail out AIB,and we didn,t learn..Every generation gets caught.

Bit like the 20 year floods we are having ,ie lets forget until next time !

Does anyone have an update on this refusal of PTSB to release title deeds? We are the purchasers, continuing to pay unnecessary rent. In early December the sellers (in positive equity, no arrears) waived their right to any possible compensation in a effort to expedite the release. What an appalling thing to have to do.
We hope that the new year will bring some positive news but any suggestions for ways of putting pressure on PTSB would be welcome, though appreciate we are not really the ones who would have to do it.
I am amazed (and angry) at the arrogance and untouchability of these financial institutions.

Back