Prospect Hill on Finglas Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi FTB26,

Interesting point. Do you know what the other retail units will be used for by any chance?

Thanks
/Sandra

Hi

I'm not sure what the other retail units are, but I remember the estate agents saying there was to be a doctor's/dental surgery and a creche.

Johnbyrne40 said:
do u have to snag before u move in?
Yep, don't move in till you've done the snag. And the re-snag. And the re-re-snag. That's the stage I'm at! The builders said they'd be onsite once a week for maintenance after the block is finished, but you'll have a much better chance of them actually doing the work if you haven't given them all the cash ;)

kal_el said:
Hi Guys,
This is a great site ! I just put a deposite down on a 1 bed in block 7 recently and i was wondering if anyone has any idea on how long it might take when people start moving in ?
Also can anyone explain to me the situation with kitchen fittings, i.e. washing machine, cooker etc. Do the apartments come with this already ?
I bought the same, no 11 in block 7 :) The builders said to me last week that about 10 people had already moved in, and the whole block *had* to be finished in what is now one weeks time!
I believe when you complete you're given the number of the people who are fitting the appliances to arrange for them to be installed - they do come with the apartment. They'd better be silver ones like the show apartment! Does anyone know who this crowd is?

Greg*

sandra m said:
Hi FTB26,

Interesting point. Do you know what the other retail units will be used for by any chance?

Thanks
/Sandra

I'd love to know too :) From the original planning app:

"a split level single storey creche (c.267sqm) a single storey medical clinic (c.209sqm) a single storey retail unit (c.109sqm) and 8 no. single storey retail units (c. 81.15sqm each) are provided in the ground floor of building with residential uses above"

So one biggish shop, 8 smaller ones, creche and a clinic.

My contracts for block 3 say that there is a plan for a doctors surgery and a creche on the ground floor. I was up there today with some friends for a wee look but its very hard to tell which new block is which with all the fencing etc. The Hotel looks really nice inside (nice big flatscreen tv's for sport and very friendly staff!) and the shrubs that have been planted are nice. Its also nice to see that people have had barbeque's etc. I am very unsure about the planning for off licence. In some ways it might be a good thing. However, I wouldnt like to see the green areas, small as they are, become a free for all, for drunk local muggers. I think security gates will be needed and we should as residents/ future residents lobby but I cant see it happening if a doctors surg and creche are right in the middle of the complex and not on Finglas rd / tolka valley road. FTB26, I take it you have seen the plans, which block is the offie planned for?

Also to those already moved in, how many people have moved in? and is your smart broadband working (dont want to start a 4 month moan about broadband like the East wall apts, just wondering!!!!)...

This is the first year of my life I have ever actively wished away!!! December is my estimated completion date (if completed by then even!!)...

Hi Taz,
Don't know which is block 3. There's no chance of security gates. It's now council policy for developments not to be gated.
There's a lot of residents in block 6 but the ones at the bottom which are for affordable housing haven't been occupied yet. There's also a lot of tenants as opposed to owner-occupiers.
Smart is working but the service isn't great. Broadband is OK but TV freeze ups are regular (a right p*sser during football matches) and customer support is bad. You can be waiting 20-30 minutes to get through on the phone, queries to their support forum go unasnwered and there's no direct support for the Smartvision package. I can't even get the broadband settings off them.
We moved in about three months after completion date. Our date was November/December last year and we moved in at the end of February.

tazdustdevil said:
My contracts for block 3 say that there is a plan for a doctors surgery and a creche on the ground floor. I was up there today with some friends for a wee look but its very hard to tell which new block is which with all the fencing etc. The Hotel looks really nice inside (nice big flatscreen tv's for sport and very friendly staff!) and the shrubs that have been planted are nice. Its also nice to see that people have had barbeque's etc. I am very unsure about the planning for off licence. In some ways it might be a good thing. However, I wouldnt like to see the green areas, small as they are, become a free for all, for drunk local muggers. I think security gates will be needed and we should as residents/ future residents lobby but I cant see it happening if a doctors surg and creche are right in the middle of the complex and not on Finglas rd / tolka valley road. FTB26, I take it you have seen the plans, which block is the offie planned for?

Also to those already moved in, how many people have moved in? and is your smart broadband working (dont want to start a 4 month moan about broadband like the East wall apts, just wondering!!!!)...

This is the first year of my life I have ever actively wished away!!! December is my estimated completion date (if completed by then even!!)...

Hi Taz

I havent seen any plans for the development, just saw the planning notice to the Council. I would guess though that the shops will be on the hotel end of the development so they would be open to other people.

Oh well, the security gates are a pipe dream then. However I have never lived in a gated community so maybe its a good thing. Might prevent a 'them and us' mentality..... Didnt know about that policy jakdublin but I suppose it makes sense and those who want to break in will break in as someone said earlier by getting the codes etc. From what I hear, the cost of maintaining them is pretty high and people are always leaving them open and the codes get to be common knowledge so maybe its not such a big loss...

Yeah FTB26, you were probably right. Drat then, the block I thought was maybe my block is really only a semi-concrete shell and hasnt been improving much over the past 2 months!!!!!

Shame about the smartvision progress so far. 20-30mins for customer support is appalling- even worse than NTL....

Keep posting everyone! Every glimmer of information is a diamond gem ;0)

This website may be of interest to those of you who have bought in Prospect Hill

I have no connection.

was up around the development the other evening. did anyone notice the application for planning permission posted on the fences into the development looking to change one of the retail units from a FOODSTORE to an OFF LICENCE? do we really want or need this type of outlet when the TESCO is next door selling alcohol and also it may draw people into the development that we dont really want..... Just a thought - but maybe I am being a snob! :)

If you read through this thread you'll notice it's already been pointed out. We think it's an application for a Spar unit that's being put there. Personally, I do think there's enough places to get drink around the area.

Harry2006 said:
was up around the development the other evening. did anyone notice the application for planning permission posted on the fences into the development looking to change one of the retail units from a FOODSTORE to an OFF LICENCE? do we really want or need this type of outlet when the TESCO is next door selling alcohol and also it may draw people into the development that we dont really want..... Just a thought - but maybe I am being a snob! :)

I live in the area just behind prospect hill(fairlawn park). We got a letter from our local councilor telling us about the off-license and most residents are opposed to it as well.

There's a new forum for prospect hill residents and newcomers at

Sorry quick question....

Can anyway confirm for me what the situation is in terms of the kitchen appliances and the snag list. I have been told that it needs to be completed within two weeks to get my kitchen appliances.

Anyone care to share their thoughts/experiemce on this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back