Property Tax Bill Published

You can run but you cant hide - most people will now realise the show is over and pay up the household charge arrears for starters.

This new bill just highlights how bad the household charge was managed or rather not managed.

An empty threat, they simply dont have the manpower to audit hundreds of thousands of people.
They'll probably pick on a few choice multiple property owners, like Mayo Co Council did recently, and will use the threat and the publicity to intimidate others to pay up.

They'll probably pick on a few choice multiple property owners, like Mayo Co Council did recently, and will use the threat and the publicity to intimidate others to pay up.

Yes maybe. Ill be interested to see how it plays out. I hardly imagine Revenue can justify an audit of a private individual that would cost much more than the €100 plus penalties/interest - particularly PAYE workers who are likely to come up clean in an audit anyway. And certainly not 500,000 plus of them.

Unless this is part of the 5 point plan - Get Ireland Working - plenty of auditing jobs going in Revenue!

An empty threat, they simply dont have the manpower to audit hundreds of thousands of people.

Revenue select for audit based on risk - non-compliance with LPT will be a risk indicator. So anyone choosing not to pay will increase their risk profile with Revenue, it's common sense really.

Yes maybe. Ill be interested to see how it plays out. I hardly imagine Revenue can justify an audit of a private individual that would cost much more than the €100 plus penalties/interest - particularly PAYE workers who are likely to come up clean in an audit anyway. And certainly not 500,000 plus of them.

Unless this is part of the 5 point plan - Get Ireland Working - plenty of auditing jobs going in Revenue!

Revenue are recruiting people for audit at 2 different grades presently... ;)

Revenue select for audit based on risk - non-compliance with LPT will be a risk indicator. So anyone choosing not to pay will increase their risk profile with Revenue, it's common sense really.

I cant imagine the threat of a revenue audit means much to a PAYE worker all the same. Wouldnt bother me personally, nothing to hide etc....

I cant imagine the threat of a revenue audit means much to a PAYE worker all the same. Wouldnt bother me personally, nothing to hide etc....

I never suggested otherwise, I'm merely explaining how, all other things being equal, it increases the likelihood of an audit!

Pour encourager les autres!

Back