Project Manager Salaries

clarecelt

Hi,
Wondering what average Project Manager salaries are in the Munster region.

I know it depends in which industry but interested the following areas

IT/Telecoms
Manufacturing
Construction

Many thanks

Well, in Dublin in the IT area you would expect anything between 60k - 80k. That would be for PM's with at least 5 years experience.

So you'd probably be looking at maybe 55k-75k in Munster and other areas in Ireland.

Also, check out the salary surveys on www.recruitireland.com and www.irishjobs.ie to get an idea of the salary ranges...

clarecelt said:
I know it depends in which industry...

It also depends hugely on the project, the company, the experience of the PM, the complexity...... etc etc

Could really pick any ballpark figure between 20k and 220k, but +50k does sound about right for someone with a couple of years behind them.

Satanta said:
Could really pick any ballpark figure between 20k and 220k, but +50k does sound about right for someone with a couple of years behind them.

it must have been a massive project to be paying 220k....

SteelBlue05 said:
it must have been a massive project to be paying 220k....

For illustration purposes. Can't say I know of any PMs who have earned this exact figure (a few that started/sold their own business probably earned over this averaged out over the years - but couldn't exactly call that purely PM work to be fair), but I know a few not far off (130/180k with 10+ years - construction industry).

Depending on the conditions/hours/locations/etc your willing to agree too the salary swings wildly. Some recent graduates (little to no experience, still assisting and learning the ropes) are grossing well over 60k in certain companies.

Don't have any personal knowledge of the south west area though, so not too relevant to the OP. Think they require something a little more area specific. Just hoped to point out depending on the risks, the time commitments, the pressure and the level of hands on work its VERY tough to put an average wage on the job. A project is a project because its unique, it all depends on what is needed for the project/company in question.

Back