Product insurance?

Joshnot

Anyone out there know where I would get product insurance for a small homebaking business?
Thanks

Most general brokers will do this; try an internet search using "product liability insurance". If you are a member of ISME, SFA or other business owner / operator associations they will usually have contacts and there may be discounts for members.

Last edited:
probably cheapest if you contact your current house insureres for a home/office type policy with products liability added in.

Thanks - I had put in a search on "product liabilty insurance" and variations on the theme but had no success hence my posting here. Just thought someone might have that type of policy in existence already - I'll have to start making those phone calls!

Thanks - I had put in a search on "product liabilty insurance" and variations on the theme but had no success hence my posting here. Just thought someone might have that type of policy in existence already - I'll have to start making those phone calls!
That's strange, because when I tried it I got lots of pages of links.

If I narrow the search using google.ie I get plenty as well, some of them the same.

just in case anyone comes looking for information on product insurance again - I found out yesterday that it is mostly offered in conjunction with Public Liability Insurance - you need to be sure though that Product Liablity Insurance is included. In some instances you will be charged extra for the Product Liability and in others, not.

Did you get anywhere with this? I failed miserably few years ago to get any reasonable quote.

Back