Problems with PC

astras

Hey,

Have had a few issues with my Packard Bell PC in the past couple of years. It seemed to blow out last year, we got it fixed and the guy reckoned it was a power surge, so we only used one USB socket from then on.

Last week it stopped working again? Im uneasy about paying another 100euro to fix it if this going to happen again. Anyone know what might be up with it? Its 3 years old.

thinking of buying a laptop to replace it? what are the advantages of having a PC? we already have a laptop in the house. advice welcomed!!

the brother reckons that something 'blew' when it went again. the guy who fixed it last time said was a power surge so its probably that problem again?

How did he fix it the last time?

I don't see what the USB sockets have to do with it?

the brother reckons that something 'blew' when it went again. the guy who fixed it last time said was a power surge so its probably that problem again?
Depends on what blew i suppose. Maybe just a case of swapping out the power supply?

Albacore:

I was abroad the last time it broke and was fixed, from what I gather he reckoned it was something to do with one of the USB sockets because he taped one of them up and said not to use it. I dont think that socket was actually working anyway at the time so maybe it was causing some problem?

Pudds:

Its completly dead!
I'm no pc tech - but I would have thought that if theres absolutely NO boot up whatsoever - at least the bios coming on - then its most likely to be the power supply. I certainly can't see how the usb controller could cause this.

Back