Problems with O2 network

becky_1979

Hi all,

For the last few days I have been having problems with the O2 network, not sending and receiving texts, website down, top up problems, a sting of numbers on the end of mobile numbers on texts I receive, and a few people i know have sent me texts which I have received 4 times, when they only sent it once, and they were charged for sending 4 texts! This has also happened to me. Does anybody know what is going on? i'm thinking about changing networks.

Thanks!

Have you contacted O2 customer care? They would be best placed to give a reason, a timeframe for a fix and a refund for the extra text charges.

All networks have problems from time to time. If this is the first issue you have had with them maybe see how they resolve it before you switch (assuming you are happy with other aspects of the service).

Tried customer care yesterday but couldn't get through.. I'm a bit annoyed as i have been with O2 speakeasy since 2000 and had the same number since then. Also this last year I have not been happy with the changes in their price plans, which has been making me think about changing, although i'm not sure if other networks have much better deals.

Thanks you for the link, will check this out!

TBH O2 represents very poor value on prepay. Tesco and Meteor offer much better rates.

The O2 network is currently a bit broken. Today is the first day in about 4 that I've got text messages.

Hmmm I have heard they are outsourcing some of their IT technical functions so that may be why there is disruption. Have been on Meteor for a few years and can't recall any such problems.

Back