Home Problems renewing home insurance through 123 as they are now tied agents?

MelF

Hi, as per the title 123.ie have been my broker for home insurance and my existing policy is with Zurich. It is now renewal time and 123 sent a letter informing me that their new tied underwriters (Travellers) will not cover me for home insurance because of a claim I made this year.
Fair enough, but I don't want a new policy with a new insurer, all I want is to renew with my existing insurer Zurich, but 123 tell me they cannot arrange this because of their tied agency. When I contacted Zurich for a renewal notice they told me to go through 123 - so I am back to square one.
It seems 123s policy of becoming a tied agent has now left me potentially unable to acquire home insurance, as because of this years' claim, I cannot be approved for a new policy, nor renew my existing one.
Would be grateful for any ideas as to how I might be able to sort this out as both Zurich and 123 are both washing their hands of it. Thanks

Go to another broker and appoint them to act on your behalf.
You will need to give your new broker your Zurich policy number and they should be able to have the policy transfered across to their account.

Hi, What I have found recently is that the entire insurance market has tightened up and some of the insurers are unwilling to accept policies from clients for the simplest of reasons. If you contact them and explain that you are not happy with this nor are you willing to be pushed around they may take a different stance. A colleague of mine got one of those letters, however when she stood ter ground 123.ie accepted the business. Good Luck !!

Hi, What I have found recently is that the entire insurance market has tightened up and some of the insurers are unwilling to accept policies from clients for the simplest of reasons. If you contact them and explain that you are not happy with this nor are you willing to be pushed around they may take a different stance. A colleague of mine got one of those letters, however when she stood ter ground 123.ie accepted the business. Good Luck !!

Nope, despite repeated phonecalls etc, 123.ie have basically just left me high and dry.

just get another broker to take an agency transfer mandate. How big was the claim?

Back