Problem with roller blind on half glass front door - Help!

Tonash

Hi, got new roller blinds fitted this morning, including one on the front door which is half glass. When the guy left I opened the front door and it would only open halfway!! The blind and bracket are hitting off the wall behind the door. Im really peed off! Should the Blinds people have told me this would be a problem or is it my fault?! I cant understand this as most of the estate have a roller blind on the door.......can anyone advise me what I can do?? Not having a blind is not an option as the glass is clear........Thanks in advance!

Re: Problem with Blind - Help!

Could the blind be shortened (the length of the barrel) which would allow the door to open back more? Who measured for the blind, if you just gave them a measurement they couldn't have forseen the problem, but if someone called to your home and measured up then you would have a case for replacement.

Hi Carpenter, Im not sure if it can be shortened? I'll have a look when I get home. I had a guy call last week to measure the whole house but he never mentioned that there would be a problem with the door. I think maybe I'll give the company concerned a call so....bloody nusiance!! Many thanks for the advise!

Don't modify the blind, not if somebody else measured for it, it's their problem isn't it? He should have forseen the problem. Get back to them.

Had a similar problem, it was years ago and cant remember who measured up, but I popped a hole out of the wall, it was only a plaster trucking though so it was easy. The blind slotted into the cut out on the wall with no problem. If this is not an option then get the back

Just called the comapny, He's calling back out to me tomorrow. thanks again for advise!

Back