Problem with post from UK?

amgd28

Hi,
my sister sent me a package last Tuesday and it has not arrived yet. Should I be concerned? Package in question was a new Creative Zen Vision 60Gb from Amazon (they don't deliver direct to Ireland for such products).
I have heard about some strikes with the Royal mail, but I didn't think it would take so long to arrive. I'm afraid it may have been pilfered -my sister didn't use registered post:(

The volume of mail in the UK is such that the backlog can take weeks to clear even after a short strike period. When I lived there it took 10 days after the strike to receive a locally posted letter.

Well that's a bit of a relief then. I won't go out and buy another MP3 player just yet then;)

Hi,
I just received a parcel this morning, posted in the uk on the 4th of october an I was surprised to receive it so quick even with all the disruption from the postal strike..
Hope you get your's soon
cheers

I had a parcel sent to me from the UK in April. After nearly a month when I was certain it had been lost in transit it turned up. My experience of receiving parcels from the UK is that this is not unusual - sometimes they arrive in days other times they take weeks

It's just as bad with post from Ireland to UK. I posted a large envelope (A4) size to my son in London at the end of July '07 and he received it at the end of September '07. It had the proper postage on it as I allways check in the post office before posting.

Interesting to note the poor level of postal service, which to be honest I am actually a bit surprised by. Until this issue, I had never really had any instances of post going missing or taking a long time to arrive. I guess I've just been lucky until now?

Liverpool area is still covered by the strick and they have a 10 day backlog

According to Royal Mail, the parcel service was not affected. The strike was limited to letter items only apparently.

Regardless, the strike was called off yesterday as an agreement was reached. There are still pockets of unofficial action and they will further delay mail but we should expect the service to be back to it's normal standard within the next 2 weeks.

Postage has gone up a lot in the UK it is by size of the envelope, as well as weight. For instance, you cannot post a large greeting card no longer with just a first class stamp you have to have it weighed and also the sized of the envelope with also determined the price you pay for posting.

Very expensive now for posting for the deplorable service you get from the royal mail.

According to Royal Mail, the parcel service was not affected. The strike was limited to letter items only apparently.

Regardless, the strike was called off yesterday as an agreement was reached. There are still pockets of unofficial action and they will further delay mail but we should expect the service to be back to it's normal standard within the next 2 weeks.

yes Parcelforce are supposed to be working as normal

Back