Problem with Leather suite

D

db2admin

Hi,
We just bought a three piece leather suite and the 2 and 3 seater are not the same as the 1 seater, they seem to be made of different leather and upholstery. The 1 seater is the one that we wanted, it is comfortable with soft leather and a really nice feel when you sit down on it. The other 2 feel hard to sit on and the leather is rougher to touch. The 1 seater is like the suite that we sat on in the shop and the one that we wanted.
The style is exactly the same, but the materials are not.
Does anyone know if there is anything we can do about this?
I am trying to get through to the shop but no answer on the phones.
They insisted on full payment by credit card before deliverly, so I am worried that we do not have much comeback.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

sounds like the 2 and 3 were new and the 1 was from display maybe. the 2 + 3 feeling harder and the leather rougher would suggest this. Also, if the entire suite is not from same batch of leather i.e. one piece was made at a different time then the leather from that piece would be slightly different in texture and even colour. Was there a waiting period? Did you buy from display? If theres no answer then go visit them if possible, hassle them continiously until they resolve it, dont give in.

I did check that they were all new. I also thought that the 1 seater had been a display and maybe thats why it was softer, but the back and sides have a completely different feel and texture to the other 2. It is possible that they were made from different batches of leather, the upholstery is also completely different. We really are not happy with the 2 and 3. I have got onto them and they said that they will get onto the suppier and try to get it changed. Hopefully they can just send it back to the supplier and get another one without any cost to them, otherwise they may not want to change it.

Back